- 1 lb chicken tenders, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated and divided
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Mirin
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 cups pasta, cooked according to package directions (I used gluten-free pasta)
Mix 1/2 of the garlic and ginger with the soy sauce, brown sugar, Mirin, sesame oil, and 1 teaspoon cornstarch.
Place chicken pieces in sauce and toss to coat. Marinate for at least 15 minutes.
Mix remaining cornstarch with 1/3 cup of water and set aside.
Heat large, non-stick skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat oil, add broccoli and stir fry 1-2 minutes. Add remaining ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes and two tablespoons of water; stir-fry another 30 seconds or so.
Transfer broccoli mixture to a plate and set aside.
Re-heat skillet and add another tablespoon of olive oil. When oil is hot, add chicken mixture and stir fry until chicken is no longer pink.
Add hoisin sauce and broccoli, toss to coat. Add remaining cornstarch mixture and stir until sauce thickens.
Add hot noodles and toss to coat. Serve hot, sprinkle with more hot pepper flakes if desired.
Almonds could be added at the end for an extra treat. I would toast them first.
- Breakfast and Brunch
- Dips and Dressings
- Main Dishes
- Side Dishes